By: Brian Schutt
Reme Halo Helps Indianapolis Homeowners Tackle Indoor Air Quality Issues
October means the end of summer and the first signs of fall. With snow on its way, temperatures getting cooler, and fall allergies in full force, it means air quality and indoor air health challenges in Indianapolis homes change.
For Indianapolis area homeowners, our favorite air heath product is the Reme Halo. The Reme Halo is an air purifier installed in your ductwork that is capable of treating all of the breathing air in your home. Similar to a UV light air treatment and a GPS or plasma device, the Reme Halo provides best-in-class air purification and indoor air quality for Indianapolis area homeowners.
COVID-19 Coronavirus and the Reme Halo Air Purifier
According to RGF, the manufacturer of the Reme Halo, their product has had no definitive tests on the COVID-19 strain of coronavirus. However, while RGF does not have testing specifically on COVID-19, they have validated test results showing 99+% reductions on similar viruses. These viruses, like COVID-19, are also ‘enveloped’ or protein jacketed virus types. If it can reduce these virus types, an assumption could be made that it would also be effective at reducing the current coronavirus at hand. But it is very important to note that they make no medical claims regarding its efficacy in this matter.
Benefits of the Reme Halo Air Purifier
The Reme Halo installs seamlessly in the supply plenum in most ducted heating and air conditioning systems. The Reme Halo system produces hydro-peroxide plasma, which occurs naturally in the earth’s atmosphere and is part of nature’s process to clean the air. That plasma charges particulates and pollutants in the air, which causes them to stick together and get caught by the air filter. Other benefits include:
- Dual ionizers to reduce airborne particulates (dust, dander, pollen, mold spores)
- Kills up to 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses
- Reduces sneeze germs by 99% in the time a sneeze can reach three feet.
- New zinc ions kill 99% of viruses on surfaces
- Unlike portable units that are limited to the room in which they are placed, the Reme Halo provides whole home and building purification.
Air Health Evaluation in Indianapolis
Many Indianapolis area homeowners first want to know, why would I need a Reme Halo? The answer lies in your home’s air health.
Facts that impact Indianapolis air health:
- Indiana ranked 44th in air quality according to EPA
- Indianapolis is 13th worst city in USA for particulate pollution
- Average American spends 90% of life indoors
- More than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies
- Energy Star rated homes means less outdoor air infiltration
Are you one of the 30% of adults that suffer from allergies exacerbated by Indianapolis low air quality?
- The Homesense Heating & Cooling Air Health process starts with an evaluation of your home’s air. One of our certified technicians uses an air quality tool to baseline your home’s air health.
- The technician will visually inspect ductwork and your HVAC system to find mildew and growth that contributes to reduced air quality.
- The technician will provide solution options, which may include the Reme Halo Air Purifier.