March means *hopefully* the end of winter and the first signs of spring. With snow going away, temperatures getting warmer, and plants growing again, it means air quality and indoor air health challenges in Indianapolis homes change.
For Indianapolis area homeowners our favorite air heath product is the Reme Halo. The Reme Halo is an air purifier installed in the ductwork that is capable of treating all of the breathing air in your home. Similar to a UV light air treatment and a GPS or plasma device, the Reme Halo provides best in class air purification and indoor air quality for Indianapolis area home owners.
The Reme Halo installs seamlessly in the supply plenum in most ducted heating and air conditioning systems. The Reme Halo system produces hydro-peroxide plasma, which occurs naturally in the earth’s atmosphere and is part of nature’s process to clean the air. That plasma charges particulates and pollutants in the air, which causes them to stick together and get caught by the air filter.
• Dual ionizers to reduce airborne particulates (dust, dander, pollen, mold spores)
• Kills up to 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses
• Reduces sneeze germs by 99% in the time a sneeze can reach three feet.
• New zinc ions kill 99% of viruses on surfaces
• Unlike portable units that are limited to the room in which they are placed, the Reme Halo provides whole home and building purification.
Many Indianapolis area homeowners first want to know, why would I need a Reme Halo? The answer lies in your home’s air health.
Facts that impact Indianapolis air health:
• Indiana ranked 44th in air quality according to EPA
• Indianapolis is 13th worst city in USA for particulate pollution
• Average American spends 90% of life indoors
• More than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies
• Energy Star rated homes means less outdoor air infiltration
Are you one of the 30% of adults that suffer from allergies exacerbated by Indianapolis low air quality?
At Homesense, We look at heating and cooling as just the beginning of an overall home environment. Hot and cold air can help with comfort, but the conversation around air quality can be more important.
We believe in indoor air health, commonly called indoor air quality or IAQ inside the industry, so much that we have invested in our team training to receive specialized certifications.
In addition, the Reme Halo solution combined with an air duct cleaning is what our owner, Brian, decided to invest in for his own home. The investment prompted his wife to share her experience of Facebook.
Her biggest immediate takeaway was that it helped neutralize and remove cooking smells from the home.
Concerned about your home’s air health? Call Homesense at 317.670.0171 or submit an appointment request form today. We proudly serve the Indianapolis area, including Zionsville, Castleton, Carmel, Fishers, Geist and Broad Ripple. You’ll also find us providing heating and cooling services in Westfield, Butler-Tarkington, Brownsburg, Meridian-Kessler and Noblesville.