It’s August and your air conditioner has made it through the worst of the summer heat. Smart customers know that now is the time to shop air conditioning units, as manufacturers, suppliers, and contractors are now shifting their collective focus toward the upcoming winter and starting to move the summer inventory.
Here are 5 Tips to use when shopping for your new air conditioning unit in Indy:
1) See what other customers have said about the contractor. Any company that understands how consumers make decisions, recognize the benefits of customer reviews. At Homesense, we have seen a great outpouring of support on Google Local, Yahoo Local, Angie’s List and other review sites.
2) Ask for, and expect multiple options within your estimate. At Homesense, we provide at least 3 options within our estimates. Think about it, how often do you shop for a new A/C – once a decade? This will give you a good idea of what fair market value is, and will hopefully give you an opportunity to hear the cost-benefit of the different options.
3) Expect the company to independently size the air conditioning unit for your home. The technical term is called a heat load calculation, which determines the proper BTU (British Thermal Unit) output of your air conditioning system, based upon square footage, windows, construction, etc. While it’s easier to just look at the system that was there before, the company you select should want to make sure your system is correctly sized.
4) Ask about the technician(s) that will perform the installation. As much as you may like the salesman,and the commercials are catchy, if the tech who does the install is inexperienced you will pay. At Homesense, we have only experienced technicians perform our work. Experience = Higher Quality Control = Fewer Callbacks = Happier Homeowners.
5) When you feel like you’re ready to make the decision, take another day. We see the most mistakes made by homeowners come from rushing into their decision. Take an extra day, research the brand of product you’re considering. Ask your Facebook friends about the company you’re going to choose. Make sure you’re getting a fair price. One night of heat will be worth it to ensure you’re making the right choice.
Need more help as you shop air conditioning units in Indianapolis? Please contact us today!