By: Brandon Evans
iWave-R is the world’s first self-cleaning, no maintenance needlepoint bi-polar ionization generator designed specifically for treating air in residential duct A/C systems.
iWave (through its manufacturer Global Plasma Solutions) is being used to protect people at over 1,000 K-12 schools, Healthcare facilities like Mayo Clinic, the Cleveland Clinic, The White House, and Harvard University.
What does that mean?
iWave is an air purifying device that installs in any ducted air conditioning system. When air passes over the iWave, ions produced by the device reduce pathogens, allergens, particles, smoke, and odors in the air, creating a healthy environment without producing any harmful byproducts.
How does it work?
iWave uses patented technology, called needle-point bi-polar ionization, to create equal amounts of positive and negative ions. When these ions are injected into the air stream, they break down passing pollutants and gases into harmless compounds like oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and water vapor (see illustration below).
When the ions come in contact with viruses, bacteria or mold, they remove the hydrogen molecules – without them, the pathogens have no source of energy and will die. The ions also attach to allergens like pollen and other particles, causing them to band together until they are large enough to be caught by your ventilation system’s air filter.
iWave’s technology generates the same ions that nature creates with lightning, waterfalls, ocean waves, etc. Nature uses energy and shear to break apart molecules, naturally cleaning the air and producing a healthy environment. The only difference between the iWave’s technology and nature is that the iWave does it without developing harmful ozone.
- Patented self-cleaning design ensures ongoing peak performance
- Needlepoint bi-polar ionization actively treats air in the living space
- Universal mounting with magnets
- Flexible design with no replacement parts
- Kills mold, bacteria, and viruses
- Reduces allergens, odors, smoke, static electricity, and other airborne particles
- Keeps coil cleaner
- Programmable cleaning cycle
- For duct systems up to 6 tons (2400 CFM)
- Universal voltage input – 24VAC to 240VAC!
- Alarm contact option for secondary notification
- UL and cUL approved
Schedule an appointment to get iWave installed today!