By: Brian Schutt
Specialization is important to us. While many in our industry jump into plumbing or electrical work because it’s “good for business”, we’ve always been hesitant to stray from our core competency. But after significant research into indoor air health, and at the request of hundreds of clients over the years, we have decided to invest in air duct cleaning in Indianapolis.
How to Know You Are in Need of Air Duct Cleaning in Indianapolis
- The EPA Says You Need Air Duct Cleaning if You:
- See visible dust released from the supply registers when air is exiting the vents.
- Suspect mold exists in the air ducts.
- Notice a vermin infestation somewhere in the home, or you see insects or rodents entering or exiting ductwork.
According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, you should have ducts cleaned at least every 5 years, as dust and dust mites can accumulate over that time.
Some other circumstantial reasons to consider duct cleaning:
- When You Move: Realtors should be asking if previous homeowners have had ducts cleaned. If it hasn’t been recently, this is a great way to start your homeownership fresh.
Get an Air Quality Test
If you’ve never had an air quality test done, all of the above information may be unknown. You may or may not have high levels of dust and dust mites, allergens, and VOCs. Without knowing the problem, it’s almost impossible to come up with the right solution.
So, if you are unsure, we can help with air duct cleaning in your Indianapolis home. Using the advanced technology of Air Advice Indoor Air Analysis, Homesense Heating & Cooling can show you real-time information about the pollutants in your home air, including VOCs. The test lasts 30-60 minutes and can be set up with our office by calling 317-203-8149 or clicking the button below.