By: Brian Schutt
If you’re shopping for a new furnace or any type of system that keeps your home comfortable, I’ve put together five tips to help you get through it.
- Consider what it costs to operate. Furnaces and other HVAC systems come in different efficiencies, for different costs. Investing in an Energy Star labeled appliance almost always makes financial sense, even in the short term.
- Use financing. Good solutions are available with low monthly payments or no-interest periods. Other people will use home equity loans, home improvement loans, or credit cards to make the initial financial transaction easier to handle.
- Keep it maintained. Check and change your filters on time. This has to be the easiest thing and it’s so super important. I could go on and on about it, but just trust me on this one thing, your system will operate cleaner, quieter, more efficient, and longer just by keeping fresh filters around, and putting them in as needed.
- Use your phone. New thermostats allow you set back your thermostat when you’re away using your Wi-Fi and cell phone. This can help keep the utility bills in check.
- Take advantage of rebates. Utility companies, manufacturers, and dealers all offer some type of rebate or discount.
Here are some links to tell you more:
Energy Cost: https://energy.gov/eere/femp/energy-and-cost-savings-calculators-energy-efficient-products
Wi-Fi Thermostats: https://wifithermostat.com/